XBRL Canada Annual Conference - October 17 and 18, 2012
Efficient and Effective Government Reporting - XBRL Canada Annual Conference
TORONTO, Aug. 8, 2012 /CNW/ - XBRL Canada is holding its annual conference in Ottawa at the Chateau Laurier on October 17th from 9AM - 4PM.
Around the world, XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language) is being used to streamline filing systems through SBR (Standard Business Reporting). The conference will focus on SBR and its usefulness for the Canadian Government. Many departments collect reports from the public. However, the departments all have different systems for collecting the data, which means their public constituencies need to use many different systems. SBR enables costs to be reduced both for governments and for the filers.
The conference will feature in the morning guest speakers who:
- have played a significant role in the implementation of SBR in other countries, like The Netherlands, Australia and Great Britain;
- have been involved in the new Data Act in the US
- are playing a key role in Canadian Government programs such as the Red Tape Reduction Commission and the Open Government Initiative that can benefit considerably from SBR;
There will also be interactive panel discussions in the afternoon focusing on:
- Opportunities for SBR in government departments and agencies
- Regulatory reporting in the banking industry.
Seminar on XBRL Project Implementation
On October 18th, there will be an additional seminar discussing the basic components of an XBRL/SBR project implementation from the Government's and agencies' perspective, as well as the internal use of XBRL. It will run from 8:30 AM until 12 noon and will include resources and materials to start a project, case studies, business cases and other reference documentation and software solutions.
Topics will include:
- The main components of an XBRL/SBR program
- Overcoming political islands between agencies and within agencies
- Messaging infrastructure
- Engaging and supporting Developers and Filers
- Security and Authentication
XBRL's Global Ledger: benefits of incorporating it in the regulatory
- Practical demonstrations on
- How to XBRL-enable existing software applications
- Re-engineering internal data-related processes using XBRL
Registration available at www.xbrl.ca:
Conference only - $65, includes lunch and coffee break
Seminar only - $50, includes continental breakfast
Both Conference and Seminar - $100
XBRL Canada is supported and administered by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Image with caption: "Key stakeholders benefit several ways using XBRL as part of Standardized Business Reporting in their supply chains as illustrated. (CNW Group/XBRL Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20120808_C5454_PHOTO_EN_16691.jpg
SOURCE: XBRL CanadaFor further information:
XBRL Canada, Gerald Trites, Project Director, (416) 602-3931, Email: email@example.com