Media Advisory - World's largest national golf fundraising event ever launches in Canada
TORONTO, July 27, 2012 /CNW/ - Golf To Conquer Cancer presented by Harry Rosen is a new, one-of-a-kind nationwide fundraising event that will unite thousands of golfers of all levels on a single day to help Conquer Cancer. Golf To Conquer Cancer employs a unique new format that will be fun and yet challenging to golfers.
Details of Golf To Conquer Cancer will be announced at a media conference Wednesday, August 1, beginning at 11:00AM sharp and concluding by 12 noon. It will take place in front of 620 University Avenue, Toronto (just north of Princess Margaret Hospital)
- Paul Alofs, President & CEO, Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
- Dr. Benjamin Neel, Director, The Campbell Family Cancer Research Institute
- Ian Leggatt, PGA Tour champion (Golf To Conquer Cancer spokesperson)
- Jean-Louis Lamarre, PGA Tour professional (French spokesperson)
- Larry Rosen, Chairman and CEO of Harry Rosen Inc., National Presenting Sponsor of Golf To Conquer Cancer
- Jeff Calderwood, CEO, National Golf Course Owners Association of Canada
- John Charles, cancer survivor
Funds raised from Golf To Conquer Cancer will benefit The Campbell Family Cancer Research Institute, one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world, as well as cancer research across Canada.
The Campbell Family Cancer Research Institute at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre is a member of University Health Network, which also includes Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute.
SOURCE: Princess Margaret Cancer FoundationFor further information: